Board of Directors’ Meeting
Minutes from 09-16-07
I. Called to Order: President Steve LaFata called to order at 1:04pm
II. Attending: Steve LaFata, Craig Van Deen, Michael Gaffney, Don Hilton, Cris Cringle and Joe Kunkel. Board Members Absent: Mark Bohnenkamp.
Court Members Present: Justice Prevails, Joseph Brumley, CJ Whitmer, Gary
Munson, Regina Gazelle, Gaby Tako and Stephen Bloom.
Guests Present: Habitat for Humanity – Roni Keeton and Jammie Henderson-Mays
III. Minutes from the August Meeting: Secretary – Joe Kunkel made the motion to accept as published, Don Hilton 2nd. Minutes were approved by a yes vote.
IV. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Cris Cringle presented the following:
Balance as of 08-31-07
Less the Travel Fund $474.03 Total: $1,469.28
Labor Day Show (Fundraiser) $ 831.00
Monthly Expenses $ 30.50
Cash on Hand $1,438.78
Still due - Don Hilton from Coronation II $2,874.75
V. Old Business:
· 2006-07 Financials – Joe Kunkel aka Jennifer reported that she and Cris had about 3 number to plug in and the financials would be ready for an October publish date and also ready for Doug Griffore to help file our 990 forms with the IRS.
· Las Vegas Water Party (09-16-07) – Raised a total of $1,303.75 for the court, coronation and travel fund.
· Bylaws and P&P – Joe Kunkel presented that the Bylaws committee will be finished this week and that the Board would be given a copy to review and vote on to bring to the membership at the October Court meeting.
VI. New Business:
· Coronation III – The Crowne Plaza Hotel Contracts – Again Joe Kunkel presented the contracts which were very good. Joe also asked for the Boards input on whether or not to stop negotiating for lower costs. Joe made a motion to this affect then 2nd by Michael Gaffney. The Board asked Joe to go back one more time and see about getting the ballroom costs reduced and/or waive in lieu of food and beverage sales. Joe will do this and get back to the Board.
· ICS Parliament – Steve LaFata (Heir Apparent) present what was discussed in Canada by the Heirs. There will be a Parliament set up by Nicole the Great at San Diego next year. All the courts will appoint a general member to service on this Parliament for a term of 2 years beginning at San Diego in 2008. This person shall be a member in good standing, not on the Board of Directors, not a Monarch Past or Present.
Board of Directors’ Meeting
VII. Open Forum:
Habitat for Humanity (Roni Keeton and Jammie Henderson-Mays) presented to the court about the next habitat house that will be build by the GLBT community for some family in Phoenix. Habitat would like the court to be involved somehow whether we do a benefit for them and/or volunteer to build the house. November 3, 2007 there will be the ground breaking and they need to raise $65,000.
Don Hilton made the motion to adjourn with Craig Van Deen 2nd. All approved.