MONTHLY “COMBINED” BOARD OF DIRECTORS
AND GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
NOVEMBER 18, 2007
I. Meeting called to order by President Steve LaFata at 1:09pm.
II. President Steve LaFata welcomed everyone to the meeting. Guests present – Jenna Gilmore and Jason Lynn (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
III. Approval of October Meeting Minutes - Secretary Joe made the motion, 2nd by Gary Munson – approved as posted
IV. Treasurer Reports presented by Cris Cringle – Cris may the motion to approve as read, 2nd by Don Hilton.
Balance Forward as of 10-31-07 Checking $3,802.49
Savings $ 613.53
Travel Fund $ 478.03
Total Cash on Hand $4,416.02
October 2007 Expenses $ 0.00
Outstanding Check(s) I.C.L.A CK#1089 $ 70.00
Total Cash on Hand $4,346.02
Funds to be Deposited for 11-07 Friends Benefit $ 611.00
Dues – Dianne Daniels $ 20.00
Funds still owed to Don Hilton Coronation II $1,574.75
Balance to Forward as of 11-30-07 $3,402.27
V. Old and New Business Combined:
· Annual Sponsorship – taking ideas on perks for those sponsors. Joe Kunkel made mention that Gary Munson and Justice Prevails will be working on the P&P and will be glad to accept any and all suggestions.
Combine Meeting Minutes
· Corporate/Business Membership – Emperor Michael brought up the idea of adding another class of members, but that each member would only have 1 vote per business. The floor was opened for discussion on the membership versus the sponsorship. Suggestion was made that those corporate/business members will provide their venue (space) for a function. Bring all ideas between membership and sponsorship. Tabled to let the P&P Committee work on this.
· November events – The monarchs were in Dallas and Emperor/Empress 1 was in Colorado Springs. Saturday the 17th was the benefit for 1N10 raising $641.
· Las Vegas is coming up on November 30th. There are 4 tickets left for the 2 tables.
· Mark aka Liz made mention of her and Jeff attending Hawaii and Modesto.
· December Events - Cris and Ebony show on 8th at Kobalt benefiting Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Starts at 9pm – 11pm.
· Monthly Meeting 16th along with the benefit at Charlie’s benefiting Maricopa Pediatric Foundation. Show starts at 8pm.
· Monday Dec. 17 Miss Kobalt pageant.
· Nov. 27th Miss Apollo’s pageant.
· January is getting full, might need to switch the meeting.
· Jan. 11-12 Southwest Leather Leadership Conference
· Jan. 18-20 AGRA Rodeo
· Jan. 26th Empress’ Winter Ball
· Oklahoma Adornment – Steve LaFata read the letter to the Board of Directors asking to borrower the Crown Jewels from Arizona to use in the Adornment. Motion made by Joe Kunkel, 2nd by Don Hilton.
· Protocol Committee helping Joe will be Ashley.
· Cris Cringle – brought up that we should not be paying service fees. Jennifer/Joe will check into it with Wells Fargo.
· Still need to pay the legion.
Combine Meeting Minutes
VI. Bylaws – Reading, Discussion and Ratification:
· Emperor Michael moves to approve the Bylaws as is with corrections, 2nd Don Hilton. Approved by the membership.
VII. Open Forum:
· Gina and Tracy from N’Touch Magazine presenting to us on becoming the Court’s major print sponsor. They are printing 8,000 copies each month turns into over 15,000 readers. The will take the 20% sales commission that comes through the court, return it back to the court. Published once a month. Editorial content is due by the 1st of the month. Craig Van Deen made the motion, 2nd by Cris Cringle – all approved. We will begin with the December deadlines.
· The court now has paid in full Don Hilton from Coronation II.
VIII. Motion to adjourn by Mark Bohnenkamp, 2nd Bill Vantrassell. All approved.